Is Our Future Cloudy? What Cloud Computing Means For You
Everyone is talking about cloud computing, but what does it mean for you? Should you be storing your files, pictures and music in the cloud? Will Google Docs replace Microsoft Office and what benefit will it have for you? Should your business rent computing capacity from Amazon instead of buying servers? Many services like surveys, health benefits, work exchanges and social networks are already in the cloud: what else is coming our way? What are the implications for you when more of your data and applications are in the cloud — are you locked into certain vendors? Find out what future is in store for cloud computing and its implications for you from our distinguished panel of Georgetown alums and other experts.Panelists:
- Will Aldrich, BSFS’96, VP of Product, Survey Monkey
- Vineet Jain, Founder & CEO, Egnyte
- Patrick O’Donnell, C’91, VP of Global Marketing, Hewlett Packard
- Laura Yecies, MSFS’86, CEO, Sugar Sync
- Fabio Rosati, B’87, President & CEO, Elance, Inc.